| Built between 1720 and 1726 by Richard Somers, son of John Somers, the first area settler, it is Atlantic County’s oldest house. The Mansion was left to Richard’s oldest son, John. He occupied the Mansion until his death in 1799 leaving the “homeland” to his son, Jesse Somers. Jesse’s sons, James and Richard L. inherited the Mansion. It is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places, and the Historic American Buildings Survey. Owned by the State of New Jersey; open Wed.-Sat. 10am-12 noon and 1-4pm, Sun. 1-4pm. (609) 927-2212.